12 November 2010

Is there anywhere better than the U.K.?

It's good to be back. I've recently returned from a week long break in Cuba - you're probably wondering why I'm not posting glorious images of the Caribbean... I will do so in my next post. But returning to the UK during this beautiful season has really impressed upon me just how special this country is, so I wanted to share my thoughts with you all. Although we might complain about the climate here, this green land really is something to be treasured - it's simply the variety that makes this country so fascinating. From the beaches of Cornwall to the rugged highlands of Scotland, the variety of landscape across the UK is unique. It's no wonder that so many visitors flock here from all across the globe. There are few places on the planet that can boast woodland, mountains, rivers, lakes... and such a transformation of scenery during the seasons.
These pictures were taken at Stainforth Force in Ribblesdale at the beginning of November. The water and surruonding colours were simply stunning. In addition, I had the good fortune to manage a shot of one the many salmon leaping in the air as it battled to make its way up the waterfall.

It's good to have a break... but it's even better to be back. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world!!

1 comment:

  1. wonderful salmon - a special wildlife spectacle of the UK

    ReplyDelete