22 March 2012

Landscape Photography in Ribblesdale

When I first started offering photography workshops I wasn't too sure how much I would really enjoy it. Over the past few years running various photography courses in Yorkshire, I've learnt a lot and met many new people. I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoy spending these days with like minded people, creating images within some of the best scenery in the U.K.  The following images were taken on a landscape workshop in Ribblesdale in the Yorkshire Dales. We visited three locations during the day - each one with a completely different feel, demanding different techniques. The limestone pavement was shot at Winskill near Langthwaite, a cracking location high above the valley with a classic lone hawthorn tree.

Down in the valley at Stainforth Force, I did something I never do. I had a go with some black and white! Now, I don't think I will ever be an Ansel Adams, but it's good to experiment; move out of your comfort zone, and try something different. That's one of the things about doing workshops - it often prompts you to be a little more creative, and I do believe that all photographers can only benefit from watching others and how they work...


1 comment:

  1. Tyhe last shot to me looks berrter witht he far bank cut off. Its too busy with it me thinks. Square looks good too.

    ReplyDelete