10 January 2013

Jay with reflection

Jay with reflection by Paul Miguel
Jay with reflection, a photo by Paul Miguel on Flickr.

Finally, everything comes together - the background, the light, and of course... the bird! Two hours before I took this I was completely demoralised - wondering whether to pack it in and concentrate my attentions on something else. Now I sit here at my computer feeling just about every positive emotion possible: elation, joy, achievement... relief!! It really is pure satisfaction that I've finally achieved the shots I set out to when I first built this reflection pool back in October.

I need to make a few improvements yet, and change over my hide to something bigger. Once done, I will be offering workshops and the hide for hire, so others can experience the excitement of seeing these birds up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment